My Counselling Experience
In private practice I work with a wide range of adults, young people and children. I have extensive experience of working with young people; of which I continue to gain from counselling children within a school setting, counselling children in the care system, and from working as a senior youth worker for a number of years. I also have in-depth experience of working with bereaved adults gained from working within a local charity over a 2 year period.
My Qualifications and Training
- Higher Education Level 5 Diploma in Counselling
- ABC Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Safeguarding level two
- Awareness in Bereavement Care level 2
- Counselling clients that have experienced domestic violence
- A Childs Grief training
- Self-Harm training
- Child Sexual Exploitation training
- Universal 1 training on sex and relationship education
- Universal 2 training on sex and relationship education
- Working with children who have been sexually abused
- 1st Aid at work
- Enhanced DBS Certificate
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), I am also fully insured.
I work with adults, adolescents and children; I currently hold a valid enhanced DBS certificate (Disclosure and Barring Service). I have extensive experience of working with young people and this reflects in my up to date diverse way of working.
If you are experiencing anxiety, stress, depression, in distress, or struggling with relational problems or other life challenges, counselling can give you the confidential safe place to explore these issues.
You are the expert on you and counselling is not about being told what you should or should not do, it is a non-judgemental welcoming environment for you to work through decisions, strategies and find ways to live your life in a way that you are happy with. I can help you find your inner resources for change and your own personal growth.